Re: [MirageOS-devel] Blog post on Irmin/CueKeeper

On 28 April 2015 at 12:25, Amir Chaudhry <amc79@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> On 28 Apr 2015, at 12:13, Anil Madhavapeddy <anil@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> On 28 Apr 2015, at 12:04, Thomas Leonard <talex5@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>>
>>> Although not finished, I thought CueKeeper was mature enough for a 0.1
>>> alpha release and blog post:
>>>
>>> http://roscidus.com/blog/blog/2015/04/28/cuekeeper-gitting-things-done-in-the-browser/
>>>
>>> There's not much technical detail here because after adding some
>>> instructions on how to use it, the blog was getting rather long, but
>>> there is a section at the end demoing various nice benefits from using
>>> Irmin (sync, revert, history, etc).
>>>
>>> As I needed some example actions, I populated the demo with actions
>>> about learning Mirage. I needed some contacts too, and I added a
>>> somewhat random subset of recent Mirage contributors for that (sorry
>>> if I missed you, but I didn't have time to add everyone!). That might
>>> help new users figure out who's who.
>>
>> As always, a lovely blog post!  My very initial reaction is that the
>> demo service is a little buried in the blog post -- it might be worth
>> adding a TL;DR to the top to point people straight at it.
>
> Yup, I managed to skip over that too (itâs linked twice in the second para).
> For whatever reason, I found myself scanning for the URL to click through to
> the demo. Starting off with a summary would be helpful

I've moved the link up and made it centred and bold, and removed other
links from the abstract (they're linked later). Hopefully that will
help people find the demo link. I suspect you might have skipped it
because you've seen it before, so perhaps you didn't spend much time
looking at the screenshot.

> Also, noticed a typo in the David Allen quote (though -> thought).  Iâm still
> working my way through the post!

Oops. Fixed!

Thanks,

--
Dr Thomas Leonard        http://roscidus.com/blog/
GPG: DA98 25AE CAD0 8975 7CDA  BD8E 0713 3F96 CA74 D8BA