Re: [MirageOS-devel] OCaml and Mirage now running on rumprun, including bare metal

On 22/05/15 15:35, Martin Lucina wrote:
Hi all,

in the spirit of "announce early and often", I now have a working OCaml
cross compiler toolchain building unikernels with the rumprun stack[1], and
basic support for Mirage OS working.

Good show! Supporting existing platforms and applications while enabling things to be done better where it matters most is a true realization of the rump kernel slogan "you can make an omelette without breaking the kitchen".

That said, can you expand on the motivations behind your work with a paragraph or so? I don't recall the project being introduced at least on the rump kernel kernel list, and I while can guess the motivations, I'd rather not guess if I don't have to ;)

Here's a screenshot for proof of the mir-console example from
mirage-skeleton running on KVM:

http://ibin.co/22cIo40lGJxN

If you'd like to try this out, my OPAM repository is available here:

https://github.com/mato/opam-rumprun

Is the screenshot from the "mirage on bare metal" example?

bug report for your README: I can't clone the mirage-skeleton repo using that url since I don't have the right creds, I need https://github.com/mirage/mirage-skeleton