Re: [MirageOS-devel] cubie2 arm image loses mac

Beaten to it by Dave.

While we're taking about api on cubie, trying to install xe-unikernel-upload wants me to downgrade an awful lot of packages. I really don't want to downgrade from mirage 2.5 to 2.1 - whats the best way of tackling this?

Cheers

Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2015 09:40:20 +0100
Subject: Re: [MirageOS-devel] cubie2 arm image loses mac
From: scott.dj@xxxxxxxxx
To: talex5@xxxxxxxxx
CC: buzzheavyyear@xxxxxxxxxxx; mirageos-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

On Thu, Jun 4, 2015 at 9:31 AM, Thomas Leonard <talex5@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 4 June 2015 at 09:22, Nick Betteridge <buzzheavyyear@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Each time I fire up a '2 and leave it on overnight and then try and ssh into
> the board the following morning, I get a no route to host. Doing an arp on
> my machine will list the ip address but default to a 0:0:0:0:0:0 mac
> address. Incidentally, all of the running unikernels on the board are still
> functioning and accessible as expected - invincible :)
>
> Does anyone have any idea how I can tweak this beast to get it to keep it
> accessible?

Not sure if it's related, but when I tried customising my network
settings I had various network problems that were fixed by 'apt-get
purge xapi-xe xcp-networkd'. I didn't have time to look into the cause
properly, but I think xcp-networkd fights with the OS for control of
the network settings if you're not careful (try "xe pif-list
params=all"). Probably one of the xapi people can explain what it's up
to, if so.

I've not seen that myself, but perhaps someone on the xen-api list (cc:d) could come up with a theory?

Cheers,
--
Dave Scott