Re: [MirageOS-devel] Updating TROVE or maintaining a remote

On 08/07/2015 06:24 PM, Dave Scott wrote:
- an OPAM remote that we maintain with all the unreleased packages (like the
ongoing ones for networking by Mindy, Jitsu by Magnus, autoscaling by
Mort/Masoud and so on).  This would only be used for metadata purposes.
This also sounds good. Over in the xapi-project we use an opam-repo-dev for all
of our half-baked stuff and hook it into travis builds via the EXTRA_REMOTES
environment variable. Seems to work quite well. The only thing is we sometimes
forget to do the formal releases or are lazy and just leave things in the
unreleased repo.
I'm not sure what Anil means by "only be used for metadata purposes" - does this mean there would be no guarantee that the packages in the remote are internally consistent, i.e. setting it as a remote wouldn't be expected to work? (I have no objection to that, necessarily, but I want to be sure I understand what's proposed.)

- Add additional tags to make it easier to filter these repositories.  I'm open
to what these should be, but something task-oriented is probably most useful.
e.g. mirage-net2 for the reworked network stack, or mirage-irmin for any
storage related activities).

- Build a dashboard view of issues, commits and so on from the aggregation of
this. Christophe is currently working on this, and I'm keen to add issue
tracking to make releases and standardised labelling of issues in GitHub
easier.  Once David Sheets finishes up the next iteration of Codoc, we can also
generate cross-referenced documentation.
A dashboard view that showed me how many of the repos Iâm looking after have
unreleased commits in â and would let me drill down into the detail -- would be very
useful.
Seconded; this would be fantastic.
Any thoughts on this?  Christophe is working on this infrastructure right now,
and we're keen to get something up and running in August.  I'm particularly
interested in missing workflow features that would make your life easier as
MirageOS developers and users.
This may be out of scope, but I'm not in the Mirage organization so I've had to watch a lot of repositories by hand (and I'm certainly still missing some); it would be nice to be able to watch them all automatically. A common dashboard would probably replace most of my need for this (probably modulo e-mail notifications, which I do find useful).

-Mindy