Re: [MirageOS-devel] Jitsu v0.2.0 with Irmin, Rumprun support

On Tue, 18 Aug 2015, at 00:45, Runhang Li wrote:

Hi, Magnus

I was pretty curious about the change of word allocation, so I hold my refresh key for a period of time, and it is down nowâ

I am really really sorry. Could you please start the application again?

No problem :-) One of the goals here was to stress test everything. I'm not sure how the unikernel crashed, as it seemed to have corrected itself when I checked. The source code for the test unikernel is here [0] if you want to try to reproduce it.

There was also a lot of EMFILE exceptions from Irmin when I stored the database on disk (with high load, after a few thousand commits), which caused a crash:

Unix.Unix_error(Unix.EMFILE, "open", "../jitsu-irmin-db/.git/refs/heads/master")

Increasing ulimit -n seemed to fix it, but the traffic spike from HN also ended about then so I'm not sure if it helped.

Jitsu also crashed once with Unix.Unix_error(Unix.EINVAL, "select", ""), which I'm not sure yet where came from...

0. https://github.com/MagnusS/mirage-stats-demo

Magnus