Re: [MirageOS-devel] Getting Started

Hi;

On 24 September 2015 at 17:09, Lasya Venneti <comethalley61@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> While following the installation instructions, the 'opam init' command has
> failed with the error :
> Sys_error("/home/lasya/.opam/repo/default/packages/alcotest/alcotest.0.4.1/opam:
> Too many open files")
> I have also attached the screen log to the mail. My laptop is mid 2014
> Lenovo-Y510p with Ubuntu 14.04 64 bit. Can somebody tell me how do I solve
> this and why is this happening? Am I doing something wrong?

Probably a `ulimit` setting, eg.,
http://askubuntu.com/questions/181215/too-many-open-files-how-to-find-the-culprit.

Try `ulimit -a` to see what current limits are, and then something
like `ulimit -n 5000` (or a number bigger than the current limit
anyway) to get around this.

ISTR this was an issue recently with alcotest specifically -- @samoht,
was there a proper fix intended for this at some point? (Or is it
really just a very low default ulimit setting on Ubuntu?)

--
Richard Mortier
richard.mortier@xxxxxxxxxxxx