Re: [MirageOS-devel] Charrua release

On 15 October 2015 at 15:08, Amir Chaudhry <amc79@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> On 15 Oct 2015, at 09:42, Christiano F. Haesbaert <haesbaert@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>> wrote:
>>
>> On 13 October 2015 at 13:18, Amir Chaudhry <amc79@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>>
>>> Christiano, it would be great to have a blog post to accompany whatever is
>>> added to mirage-skeleton.  Would you be able to do this? Iâm happy to
>>> proof-read and help out once thereâs an initial draft.
>>>

>> Awesome !
>>
>> Sure thing, I'll try to have something by Saturday, sorry for the
>> delay in answering.
>>
>> So the blog post would contain some introduction and a how-to ? Could
>> you point me to some blog entry which is analogue to what this would
>> be ? Just so that I have a clearer idea.
>
> You might find it useful to skim over some examples from the blog:
> (in reverse chronological order)
>
> - mirage-seal - https://mirage.io/blog/mirage-seal
> - Irmin - https://mirage.io/blog/introducing-irmin
> - TCP/IP stack - https://mirage.io/blog/intro-tcpip
> - vchan - https://mirage.io/blog/update-on-vchan
> - ctypes - https://mirage.io/blog/modular-foreign-function-bindings
> - The TLS series, where each post covered different libs - start at:
> https://mirage.io/blog/introducing-ocaml-tls
>
> Youâll notice that some of these are more about usage and others contain much
> more background and motivation.  Itâs up to you to decide what level of depth
> you want to get to, and I think your approach of 'intro + how-to' would work
> well.
>
> Getting a draft by Saturday would be fantastic! I can make sure I have time
> to review on Sunday and Iâm sure others will also be happy to provide
> feedback.

Heya, there will be some delays, I've just found out I need to support
ocaml 4.01, currently charrua-core is requiring 4.02, so I can't
integrate the code into mirage-skeleton
(https://github.com/mirage/mirage-skeleton/pull/105).

I've started the post at
https://github.com/haesbaert/mirage-www/blob/master/tmpl/blog/introducing-charrua-dhcp.md

It's not really reviewable at this time, I need to get charrua on 4.01
and make a new opam release first.