Re: [MirageOS-devel] Hardware choices for ARM64

Hi Stefan,

I think the only thing that matters for an arm32 board is whether it
can run Xen. If it can, Mirage/Xen should work too. Cubieboard 2 and 3
are both known to work.

On 12 November 2015 at 21:08, Stefan Xenon <stefanxe@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi!
> As a newbie I'm a bit confused which boards and CPUs work with
> MirageOS/XEN. I understood while ARM64 doesn't work yet (but it
> shouldn't be a big deal to get it running) instead ARM32 is the only
> architecture supported. Obviously Cubieboard2 works but I couldn't find
> information about other supported devices. In particular I'm interested
> in faster devices than the Cubieboard2. Could anybody list other working
> boards and summarize the requirements to look for?
>
> Thanks a lot.

>>> We did explore this but unfortunately there was a hardware limitation.
>>>
>>> https://github.com/scaleway/kernel-tools/issues/14#issuecomment-105536276
>>
>> Xen doesn't run on there right now -- another option is that once the
>> Rump/Mirage hw/HVM backend gets more mature native ARM support, we should be
>> able to boot directly on the Scaleway C1s as bare metal.
>>
>> Anil

Dr Thomas Leonard        http://roscidus.com/blog/
GPG: DA98 25AE CAD0 8975 7CDA  BD8E 0713 3F96 CA74 D8BA