Re: [MirageOS-devel] How to implement protocols?

ironically you've given great feedback, started an interesting debate,
and could have just written less meeting your own, and mort's goals...

p.s. i don't give two hoots what people think of me either:)
but there are people (like the author of the cited work) who study
what does work in creative groups and what doesn't and our personal
experience is anecdote, not data.

another (probably redundant) on topic reference - switchware was one
a while back and was prob. the baseline for doing comms in OCaml
http://seclab.illinois.edu/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/AlexanderHKKSMGJNS98.pdf

doesn't address the level of detail of abstraction we've been debating
though...

in the s/w eng academic world, people usually ask newbies how fast
they can deal with some pile of code when they havn't been well
acquainted with the specific features being used - for me (def. a
newbie for OCamLl), functors look cool on paper, but the examples
given don't convince (but then I am an anecdote only too)