Re: [MirageOS-devel] Mirage on Linux Mint 17

On 27 November 2015 at 16:25, Richard Mortier
<richard.mortier@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Alex;
>
> On 27 November 2015 at 11:18, A.G. Rakowski <agr37@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> I'm on Linux Mint 17, Cinnamon, with OPAM v1.1.1 and OCaml 4.02.3 installed
>> and working fine, except regarding the following. When I run the command
>> `opam install mirage`, I receive the following error:
>
> Aha! I think the problem may be here -- that's an old version of OPAM.
> Can you get OPAM 1.2.2 installed somehow?
> (By hand is pretty straightforward if it isn't packaged for Mint yet.)

On most platforms, you can install "0install-core" or
"zeroinstall-injector" from your distribution and then (as your user,
not as root):

$ 0install add opam http://tools.ocaml.org/opam.xml

to get a recent opam with its dependencies, including aspcud. Let me
know if it's broken anywhere.

--
Dr Thomas Leonard        http://roscidus.com/blog/
GPG: DA98 25AE CAD0 8975 7CDA  BD8E 0713 3F96 CA74 D8BA