Re: [MirageOS-devel] Building a sample File storage app

On 19 February 2016 at 08:12, Vanshdeep Singh <kansi13@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I am have created FAT 16 disk with bytes per sector as 4096 but when reading
> the data off the
> disk I am not able to read the all bytes because bytes per sector is harded
> coded to be 512 in the
> underlying implementation. Is there a way to get around this ?

I see the TODO file in fat says:

* be consistent about sector size (replace 512 with bytes_per_sector)

> I tried to pin the source code of fat-filesystem but couldn't get the
> changes to be reflected. Any
> pointers would be helpful.

What does it say when you do "opam reinstall fat-filesystem"? You
should see something like:

$ opam reinstall fat-filesystem

=-=- Synchronising pinned packages =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
[fat-filesystem] /home/user/.../fat already up-to-date
The following actions will be performed:
  â  recompile fat-filesystem 0.10.3*

Check it prints the path to your local checkout. If you're not sure
whether it worked, try adding a syntax error to the code somewhere -
it should fail to reinstall then.

Make sure you 'make clean' in your test unikernel too before rebuilding.