Re: [MirageOS-devel] Problems booting Mirage on EC2

On 02/22/2016 04:25 AM, Sean Grove wrote:
I've used a slightly tweaked/updated script from @yomimono to take care of provisioning the volumes/snapshots/amis/instances, and after some trial and error, it seems to be pretty dependable. I'm at pretty close to the last step, I suspect: When booting the image, OCaml bails out complaining about bad parameters. Any idea on what I might be doing wrong? Completely out of my element at this level.

Here is the console output log:

OCaml Xenstore reading vm

OCaml Xenstore reading /vm/ec2952ba-efa5-2e3c-6d22-9b4a59a6fe3c/image/cmdline
Fatal error: exception Failure("Malformed boot parameter \"ro\"")
Raised at file "src/core/lwt.ml", line 789, characters 22-23
Called from file "lib/main.ml", line 58, characters 10-20
Called from file "main.ml", line 274, characters 5-10
Mirage exiting with status 2
Do_exit called!

This leads me to suspect this bug reading boot parameters reported by @talex5: https://github.com/mirage/mirage/issues/493 .  As yet unresolved although a path forward is outlined; perhaps Drup can comment?

-Mindy

Any help much appreciated!