Re: [MirageOS-devel] Some Mirage student projects

CC'ing Alex as I can't recall if he's on this list or not.

On 18 July 2016 at 21:28, Thomas Gazagnaire <thomas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> Alex used the Mirage TCP/IP stack to do a feasibility study as to
>>> whether it could accurately spoof nmap into believing a unikernel was
>>> actually Linux or Windows, achieving this by making nmap believe this
>>> for specific versions of both with >90% probability.
>>
>> ...and Alex's code is now up at
>>
>>> https://github.com/agrski/mirage-tcpip-eidolon-linux
>>>
>>> https://github.com/agrski/mirage-tcpip-eidolon-xp
>
> That look great!
>
> Some of the commit seems be useful as general fixes for the TCP/IP stack,
> unfortunately there is no “fork” link between the repositories and
> mirage/tcpip so it’s hard to see the diffs. Any hope to solve that by
> contacting the GitHub support?

As there's two copies of the repo under the same account, which you
can't do with forks AIUI, I suspect not :/

I guess if they were both turned into branches of a newly created
fork, that might resolve it.

I've tried creating an appropriate repo with branches locally, but
have a bizarre issue when fetching from my clones of either of those
repos into the newly created branch. (git seems to just hang after
declaring `have db2348be4320ea4d12bc11cc06a453216e70d9df` ...)

--
Richard Mortier
richard.mortier@xxxxxxxxxxxx