[MirageOS-devel] Script to run Solo5 on AWS EC2 KVM / HVM?

Hi folks,

My goal is to run Solo5 MirageOS on AWS/EC2 PVHVM

I wrote a script a while back to package and run a rump kernel AMI on EC2.
https://www.freelists.org/post/rumpkernel-users/EC2-launch-script-feedback-valued

That script was substantially copied from an earlier script from the Mirage
project which packaged up mirage unikernels to run on EC2.

My current goal is to run a solo5 MirageOS HVM/KVM unikernel on EC2.

Ideally the Unikernel would require no disk, once it is up and running, would
send network requests (HTTP ideally but ping or anything else would be fine) to
a given address. Thus I would know that it booted OK and that the network came
up, without needing to examine the vm console.

So my questions:

is the technology in place to do this i.e. solo5 on HVM/KVM that could be
booted on an EC2 instance?
perhaps someone has done this before or done something similar that I could
modify? It would be great if such a script existed.

thanks!

Andrew