Re: [MirageOS-devel] Canopy and Liveblogging

  • To: Enguerrand Decorne <decorne.en@xxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Anil Madhavapeddy <anil@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2016 10:13:16 +0100
  • Cc: mirageos-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Gemma Gordon <gg417@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 19 Oct 2016 09:13:25 +0000
On 19 Oct 2016, at 09:37, Enguerrand Decorne <decorne.en@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 19, 2016, 5:32 PM Gemma Gordon <gg417@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I have spent a lot of time recently using Canopy for liveblogging various
>> Mirage-related events specifically ICFP and the Docker Distributed Systems
>> Summit.

A huge thank you for all the effort putting the liveblogging together, Gemma!
I gave a talk update on library OS and MirageOS use within Docker for Mac at
the DDS Summit, and the various links are:

* Slides:
http://www.slideshare.net/AnilMadhavapeddy/unikernels-rise-of-the-library-hypervisor
* Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dn4ARS4lDlQ&list=PLkA60AVN3hh8oPas3cq2VA9xB7WazcIgs&index=8
* Podcast:
https://soundcloud.com/docker-run/unikernels-the-rise-of-the-library-hypervisor-in-mirageos-1
* Liveblog: http://canopy.mirage.io/Liveblog/MirageOSUnikernelsDDS2016

>> I'd like to thank Enguerrand Decorne for his help with Canopy,
>>
> And also Hannes for his nice work on improving Canopy, making it usable. :-)

I've also got a slightly rushed PR of the various changes that went into the
ICFP 2016 Canopy deployment here, including Mirage3 API support:
https://github.com/Engil/Canopy/pull/62

Should we move canopy into the mirage/ organisation and start merging these
patches, Enguerrand?

> Anil Madhavapeddy for his help in making it even easier to contribute to,
> Joel Jakubovic, Ciaran Lawlor, Mindy Preston, and Olivier Nicole for all
> using it during ICFP/OCaml workshop and CUFP, and also Gabriel Scherer for
> making everyone aware of it and encouraging its use. We collectively covered
> 54 talks that week, and you can see the liveblogs here:
>
> http://icfp2016.mirage.io/OCaml along with a summary post here:
>
> http://reynard.io/2016/10/19/icfp-2016-roundup.html (new blog under
> construction!).
>
> I also made a few small changes to the mirage-canopy site to cover the Docker
> summit: http://canopy.mirage.io/Liveblogand wrote summaries of each talk plus
> Q&As. The focus of the summit was distributed systems, and much of the work
> featured was open-source, OCaml-related, or relevant to Mirage e.g. the TUF
> Framework: http://canopy.mirage.io/Liveblog/TUFDDS2016

The TUF talk is well worth watching as well, as it is quite related to Hannes'
work on Conex for signing the OPAM source repository that Mirage uses.

* http://www.slideshare.net/Docker/talking-tuf-securing-software-distribution
*
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aryr0O6H_2U&list=PLkA60AVN3hh8oPas3cq2VA9xB7WazcIgs&index=9

cheers,