Re: [MirageOS-devel] Questions about contributing

On 24/10/2016 17:20, Mindy wrote:
> On 10/22/2016 12:23 PM, Federico Gimenez wrote:
>> I'm looking for a way to start contributing to Mirage, I currently
>> work as a Software Quality Engineer and have an extensive developer
>> background, this is my github profile [1]. I've just begun learning
>> OCaml and I'm really enjoying it so far.
>
> This is really great to hear! :D

It is.  What are you interested in?  Running MirageOS for _XXX_ (maybe
this XXX should be done by you, then) ;)

>> From the list at [2] I'd be interested in looking at "tiny VM for easy
>> load testing", please let me know if it's still needing help, if it's
>> appropriate for a newbie and how to begin if so. Also "topkg porting"
>> and "logging" seem appealing to me.
>
> There's still a ton of work to be done converting libraries (1) to topkg
> and away from OASIS and (2) to use the Logs library instead of
> Console.log or printf.

As mentioned on this list earlier, there's also
http://canopy.mirage.io/Projects/logging and
http://canopy.mirage.io/Projects/topkg (likely incomplete lists).  I
consider the logging and topkg porting to be rather boring tasks not
very suitable for beginners because you don't learn much.

Rather jump into the cold water and implement a protocol or application
of your choice (graphql!?!).

> Logging's just seen a lot of activity over the past weekend! Probably
> verbosemode and hannesm can speak more to what might be valuable to look
> at immediately.

See my other mail from yesterday ;)

but this is only my opinion,

hannes