Re: [MirageOS-devel] build workflow

cc'ed mirageos-devel again

On 30/11/2016 18:37, Sean Grove wrote:
> Thanks so much for going over this with a fine-toothed comb, I love the
> idea of the whole process being smoother.

And your feedback is greatly appreciated since you're working with it :)

>> - mirage describe should work with and without a configured unikernel
>> (--eval vs --no-eval)
>>
> I'm coming at this from an inexperienced outsider's perspective, so feel
> free to ignore my comments, but I'm a bit concerned about overloading each
> command to have two modes that may not be obvious why it's behaving one way
> rather than the other. For giving support to other people, it's quite nice
> to be able to say, "run this - it'll throw an error if you've done it
> wrong, and then tell you to run an alternative command".

agreed.  mirage describe is around now with those two modes, I agree we
should just drop the non-eval part and error to run mirage configure
(and mirage configure without arguments should IMHO default to -t unix
as it is now).

mirage describe without --eval looks to me very similar to mirage help,

hannes