Re: [MirageOS-devel] [ANNOUNCE] Mirage storage project

Le 14/12/2016 à 17:23, Sean Grove a écrit :
>     I'm announcing I intend to work on the Mirage storage stack.
>
> Very cool!
>

>     There is a clear need for something that sits on top of the BLOCK API
>     and provides higher-level capabilities.  I'm planning to write a
>     storage library that provides a key-value store (with fixed-size keys)
>     and an Irmin backend.  A more generic key-value store with variable
>     size keys could also be implemented on top.
>

> A lot of my use cases are probably in the minority for Mirage, but will
> you design/implement it with an eye towards the JavaScript runtime
> (either via jsoo of BuckleScript)? The dream for me has always been to
> sync data between web/mobile clients and a Mirage server, like Cuekeeper.

I think CueKeeper should be able to take advantage of a new Irmin
backend pretty easily.  Both ends of the connection are using Irmin, the
browser uses an IndexedDB backend, and the server could start using this
new disk-backed Irmin backend.

The key-value API will include details about handling disk barriers,
garbage collection, possibly other things that are not relevant to the
browser.  That API won't aim to be easily reimplemented in a browser.
But Irmin can be, so that shouldn't be an issue.