[MirageOS-devel] [ANN] Ezirmin.0.1.0 : An easy interface on top of Irmin

Hi folks,

Hope you've had a great Christmas and are looking forward to the New Year!

I am pleased to announce the release of Ezirmin library.

Ezirmin provides a simple de-functorized interface on top of the Irmin library. It comes with set of mergeable data types, instantiated to specific backends to quickly get going. I built Ezirmin since every time I came back to using Irmin after a break, I had to relearn how to instantiate the various functors. The de-functorized interface will (hopefully) reduce the entry barrier to using Irmin. Consequently, Ezirmin is not intended to provide all the functionality of Irmin, and only factors in commonly used features.

The second goal of Ezirmin is to build and maintain a library of persistent mergeable data types (CRDTs with persistence). The wonderful efficient mergeable data types such as queues[0] and ropes[1] do not seem to be actively maintained, and Ezirmin is an attempt to maintain and encourage their use.

Any and all comments are warmly welcome.

Kind Regards,
KC