Re: [MirageOS-devel] mirageos 3 beta: let's do it!

  • To: Mindy Preston <mindy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Anil Madhavapeddy <anil@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2017 11:46:55 +0000
  • Cc: "mirageos-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <mirageos-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 16 Jan 2017 11:47:15 +0000
On 13 Jan 2017, at 19:37, Mindy <mindy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I've just created a new repository
> (https://github.com/mirage/mirageos-3-beta) where the MirageOS 3 beta will be
> staged.
>
> As discussed in our IRC meeting on 16 November 2016, this will be a
> repository with versioned package definitions and archive references for
> those packages included in MirageOS 3.  For many more details, see the
> inaugural issue at https://github.com/mirage/mirageos-3-beta/issues/1 .  If
> you maintain a Mirage package, I would especially appreciate your attention
> there.
>
> I hope we'll have the full set of packages there early next week. :)

Epic! In preparation for this, I've added in support to the DataKit CI for bulk
builds. It can do builds with and without an extra remote (mirage-dev), so we
should be able to differentially spot errors.

https://ci.ocaml.io/mirage/opam-repository/ref/heads/bulk

It still needs a CLI tool to parse the build results, which I'm going to work
on this week, and then I will mail the list with how to use it.  If anyone
wants from the community wants to help out with triaging failures, it would be
a very handy thing to have assistance while we are busy breaking the universe
with the staging trees :-)

regards,
Anil