Re: [MirageOS-devel] Pioneer projects status - Can I help?

  • To: Daniel Sanabria <sanabria.d@xxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Anil Madhavapeddy <anil@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2017 11:20:20 +0000
  • Cc: mirageos-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 24 Feb 2017 11:20:33 +0000
On 24 Feb 2017, at 08:39, Daniel Sanabria <sanabria.d@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Thank you Hannes!
>
> You have some particular in mind?  These which need help are tagged with
> 'help needed' -- http://canopy.mirage.io/tags/help%20needed
>
> http://canopy.mirage.io/Projects/sasl &
> http://canopy.mirage.io/Projects/Letsencrypt got my attention and they seem
> to be somehow related. I would like to learn a bit more about the current
> state of these and see if there room for another pair of helping hands, I
> know I can learn a lot about unikernels in general and how security is
> embedded in projects like mirage by spending time on projects like these.

Welcome Daniel!  The Letsencrypt one in particular could use some help, as we
need an implementation of that as a library so that it can be embedded within
services to securely retrieve TLS certificates without manual intervention.

There is a Letsencrypt protocol (ACME) that needs implementation, and then the
integration of that into server libraries and subsequently compilation as a
unikernel.

regards,
Anil