Re: [MirageOS-devel] GSoC '17 - Interested in Contributing to Irmin

Hi David,

It's great to hear that you're interested!  I'm Mindy, one of the maintainers of the Mirage project and the co-administrator (with Lars Kurth of the Xen project) for this upcoming round of GSoC and Outreachy.

I think the two tickets you mention look like great places to start contributing.

Thomas Gazagnaire just updated the ticket in Irmin about GC here: https://github.com/mirage/irmin/issues/71 .  It looks large for a GSoC project to me, and difficult to make concrete intermediate progress on, but there are other TODOs in Irmin that might be better fits if you're interested.  For example, the recent 1.0.0 release of Irmin removed the previous HTTP frontend, but there are users who are interested in an HTTP REST API (see https://github.com/mirage/irmin/issues/415 ) -- we've recently gotten better tooling around the web in our corner of OCaml (see  https://github.com/inhabitedtype/ocaml-webmachine ), so this would be a great opportunity to contribute not just to Mirage and Irmin but potentially to those projects as well.

Thanks,

Mindy