[MirageOS-devel] 2017 Xen Project Developer and Design Summit: CfP open from now to April 14, Event is held July 11-13, 2017 in Budapest

Dear Community Members,

I am excited to announce that registration and the call for proposals is open
for Xen Project Developer and Design Summit 2017, which will be held in
Budapest, Hungary from July 11-13, 2017. The Xen Project Developer and Design
Summit combines the formats of Xen Project Developer Summits with Xen Project
Hackathons, and brings together the Xen Project’s community. We will aim to
have talks in the mornings and smaller interactive design and problem solving
sessions in the afternoon.

Note that the CfP period is quite short: if you need extra time, or you
otherwise have difficulties with the CfP please contact me via
community.manager@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

Submit a Talk
=============

Several formats are being accepted for speaking proposals, including:

* Presentations and Panels: these are presentations and panels as we always had
them at Developer Summits in the past
* Interactive design and problem solving sessions. These sessions can be
submitted as part of the CFP, but we will reserve a number of design sessions
to be allocated during the event. Proposers of design sessions are expected to
host and moderate design sessions following the format we have used at Xen
Project Hackathons. If you have not participated in these in the past, check
out past event reports from 2016
(https://blog.xenproject.org/2016/04/26/xen-project-hackathon-16-event-report),
2015
(https://blog.xenproject.org/2015/05/07/xen-project-hackathon-15-event-report)
and 2013
(https://blog.xenproject.org/2013/05/28/event-report-xen-hackathon-2013).

Never talked at a conference before? Don’t worry! We encourage new speakers to
submit for our events and have plenty of resources to help you prepare for your
presentation.

Here are some dates to remember for submissions and in general:

* CFP Close: April 14, 2017
* CFP Notifications: May 5, 2017
* Schedule Announced: May 16, 2017
* Event: July 11-13, 2017

What is different to past events?
=================================

* We are merging the 2 day Hackathons and 2 day Developer summit into a
combined 3 day event.
* It is possible to submit Interactive design and problem solving sessions (or
Hackathon sessions) via the CFP.
* Lunch will be provided

Registration
============

Registration information is available at
https://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/xen-developer-and-design-summit/attend/register

Travel stipends are only available for students or individuals that are not
associated with a company.

Accommodation and other information
===================================

General information about the event can be found on
http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/xen-developer-and-design-summit

Note that the following information is not yet in place: we will add this
shortly
- visa letter requests
- hotel block booking information

If you have any questions, please contact me via
community.manager@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Best Regards
Lars