Re: [MirageOS-devel] sexplib v0.9.0 breakage of MirageOS unikernels (xen & solo5)

On Thursday, 23 March 2017 at 13:41, Hannes Mehnert wrote:
> So, how should we move forward here? My current favourite is 3 or 4.
> (1) split universe, constrain to sexplib <= 113.33
> (2) adapt base to freestanding&xen
> (3) re-develop a dependency-free sexplib
> (4) get rid of sexplib converters

FWIW I have a 3) in the works with type-indexed codecs and support for layout
preserving updates. I'd like to use this for configuration files that you can
both edit manually and programmatically. The syntax is not fully compatible
with sexplib which IIRC has some ocaml specific stuff. It has first class
support for unicode (scalar value escapes) and it depends only on uutf. Of
course since I'm not into the ppx stuff so you won't get that sort of things.

I think 4) would be a worthwhile goal though, especially for the day we get a
good universal representation for generic programming (depyt ?) it will let
clients choose their serialization technology.

Best,

Daniel