Re: [MirageOS-devel] sexplib v0.9.0 breakage of MirageOS unikernels (xen & solo5)

On Thursday, 23 March 2017 at 13:58, Daniel Bünzli wrote:
> On Thursday, 23 March 2017 at 13:41, Hannes Mehnert wrote:
> > So, how should we move forward here? My current favourite is 3 or 4.
> > (1) split universe, constrain to sexplib <= 113.33
> > (2) adapt base to freestanding&xen
> > (3) re-develop a dependency-free sexplib
> > (4) get rid of sexplib converters
>
> FWIW I have a 3) in the works with type-indexed codecs and support for layout
> preserving updates. I'd like to use this for configuration files that you can
> both edit manually and programmatically.

In case you are interested I have published the repo and API docs here:

https://github.com/dbuenzli/sexpm
http://erratique.ch/software/sexpm/doc/Sexpm.html

The base encoder/decoder is basically done, some more work is needed on the
type-indexed codecs. It's quite high on my priority list since I'd like to use
for the carcass rewrite to replace the ad-hoc file formats. But I need to pop a
few other things from my stack first.