[MirageOS-devel] Current persistent storage situation

Hi,

TL;DR: what current persistent storage options are out there _now_?

for our project (secure private key storage,
https://github.com/keyfender) we need a persistent storage for our
unikernel application, persistent in the meaning of surviving reboots of
the unikernel. It doesn't have to be necessarily "local" in a sense of
writing it to a storage device that the mirage unikernel has direct
access to, it could also be another VM, that runs a network daemon that
the unikernel is connecting to. The latter would have the advantage of
giving us concurrency for multi-core or multi-node for free which we
plan to support anyway.

The data we need to store has a simple KV structure, for configuration
and payload data, the keys are strings, the values are arbitrary ocaml
objects, they could be serialized into json though, if necessary. The
data amount is rather small, write rarely, read often (but should be
cached locally, because of the pretty constant nature of the data).
Consistency between different threads/nodes would be more important than
IO performance.

Now the question is: what options do we have, if any?

Irmin seems to be a pretty good fit, giving us a distributed storage
structure, and IIUC Irmin within MirageOS doesn't store locally but
could use a Git server or Non-Mirage-Irmin-Server on another node as
persistent storage, is this correct?

What other options are out there? the Wodan project
(https://github.com/g2p/wodan) is ready for "production"?

Are there backends for standard SQL databases, like MariaDB/PostgreSQL?

Thanks in advance for any pointers and hints!

Cheers

Sven