[MirageOS-devel] archiving legacy repositories in the mirage github organization on Monday 27 November 2017

Hi folks,

During bug-cleaning day we noticed many older repositories in the Mirage organization on GitHub which appear to no longer be maintained. Since the best tools we have for cross-cutting views of Mirage's codebase use presence in the Mirage organization as a feature, these repositories' issues and pull requests show up in all these views - but in those cases, there's no meaningful action to take.

In our IRC catchup today, raboof pointed out that GitHub has an "archive" feature. Archiving a repository preserves its organization membership and all links, but makes a repository read-only, ands tag it with the "archived" tag. "archived:false" can then be added to any search in GitHub (and indeed is included by default in many of them). Repositories can be un-archived after archiving.

I will be archiving the repositories on the list at https://github.com/mirage/mirage/issues/866 on Monday 27 November 2017. If a repository you wish not to have archived is listed there, please comment in the issue.

Some maintainers have volunteered to take repositories on the list back into their personal organizations; if you do this, you have my thanks :) and a request that you update the list of repositories in the issue to reflect that the repository is no longer owned by the Mirage organization.

Thank you,

Mindy Preston