[MirageOS-devel] Irmin_http with Cohttp_mirage

Hi,

TL;DR: Irmin_http.KV(Cohttp_mirage.Client)(Irmin.Contents.String) doesn’t work,
because the default context uses an empty conduit without TCP support. How to
do it right?

I’m trying to play with the Irmin_http module (as it seems to be the closest
option with MirageOS to what would otherwise be solved with simple remote
queries to a SQL database from concurrent application instances).

When I - instead of Irmin_mem.KV(Cohttp_mirage.Client)(Irmin.Contents.String),
which works fine - use
Irmin_http.KV(Cohttp_mirage.Client)(Irmin.Contents.String), the database
queries fail with „TCP not supported“ errors. Looking at the code, I saw that
the default context is with an empty conduit. Since Irmin_http doesn’t set a
context when calling the Cohttp functions, it uses this default context I
assume. So, how can I set the context from „outside“ in Cohttp before
instantiating the Irmin_http with it?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,

Sven