Re: [MirageOS-devel] opam pin mirage and opam repo add solo5-dev

On March 29, 2018 7:41 PM, Hannes Mehnert <hannes@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> ​​
>
> Dear Adam,
>
> On 29/03/2018 01:32, Adam Steen wrote:
>
> > Was looking for some help with regards to the follow situation.
> >
> > I am using the "solo5/opam-solo5 OPAM remote" so i can track solo5/master.
> >
> > but i need to pin mirage from git://github.com/hannesm/mirage#ld-pkg-config
> >
> > but when i do
> >
> > "opam pin add mirage git://github.com/hannesm/mirage#ld-pkg-config"
>
> does`opam pin add mirage
> _https_://github.com/hannesm/mirage_.git_#ld-pkg-config` work (remove
>
> all the _)?
>
> I suspect the `git` url (which uses no transport encryption +
>
> authentication) requires a `.git` at the end of the url (before the
>
> branch). It is preferable to use https IMHO since that at least checks
>
> the server certificate (depending on your actual opam version and git
>
> and downloader utility, certificate checks may be disabled, I use
>
> `download-command: ["fetch" url "-o" out]` in my .opam/config).
>
> hannes
>
> MirageOS-devel mailing list
>
> MirageOS-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sorry no luck

opam pin add mirage https://github.com/hannesm/mirage.git#ld-pkg-config
mirage is now git-pinned to https://github.com/hannesm/mirage.git#ld-pkg-config

[mirage] https://github.com/hannesm/mirage.git#ld-pkg-config updated
[mirage] Installing new package description from
https://github.com/hannesm/mirage.git#ld-pkg-config

mirage needs to be installed.
Your request can't be satisfied:
  - mirage.dev~solo5 is not available because the package is pinned to
https://github.com/hannesm/mirage.git#ld-pkg-config, version dev~solo5.

No solution found, exiting
[NOTE] Pinning command successful, but your installed packages may be out of
sync.

I ran the following command sequence to set this up.

rm -rf $HOME/.opam && \
                opam init -n && \
                eval `opam config env` && \
                opam switch 4.06.1 && \
                eval `opam config env` && \
                export OPAMNOASPCUD=1 && \
                opam repo add solo5-dev git://github.com/Solo5/opam-solo5 && \
                opam update && \
                opam upgrade && \
                eval `opam config env` && \
                opam pin add depext
git://github.com/adamsteen/opam-depext#openbsd -y && \
                opam pin add solo5-kernel-ukvm
git://github.com/adamsteen/solo5#openbsd -y && \
                opam pin add ocaml-freestanding
git://github.com/adamsteen/ocaml-freestanding#openbsd -y

i do it this way, so i can consistently reproduce things.

Cheers
Adam