Re: [MirageOS-devel] how to profile a MirageOS unikernel?

On Thu, 6 Dec 2018 at 16:33, Hannes Mehnert <hannes@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> we are trying to profile a MirageOS unikernel. We tried to follow the
> instruction from https://mirage.io/wiki/profiling, but are not able to
> compile mirage-trace-viewer (resulting in:
> ocamlfind: Package `cairo2.lablgtk2' not found
> W: Field 'pkg_cairo2_lablgtk2' is not set: Command
> ''/usr/home/hannes/.opam/4.07.1/bin/ocamlfind' query -format %d
> cairo2.lablgtk2 > '/tmp/oasis-d30bf5.txt'' terminated with error code 2
> E: Cannot find findlib package cairo2.lablgtk2
> E: Failure("1 configuration error")
> )
>
> What is the origin of cairo2.lablgtk2 findlib package (the cairo2 opam
> package does not seem to install it anymore). Any hints?

There's a cairo2-gtk package that might work. But I think other things
will have changed too, so it's probably better to build it with an
older snapshot of opam-repository.

However, Lwt's internals got rewritten a while back, and so the
tracing patches will probably no longer apply. I'm not sure if
everything will still support sufficiently old versions of Lwt to use
the existing patched version, so it might be best to check that before
trying to compile the viewer...

(and indeed this won't give you a flamegraph)

--
talex5 (GitHub/Twitter)        http://roscidus.com/blog/
GPG: 5DD5 8D70 899C 454A 966D  6A51 7513 3C8F 94F6 E0CC