Re: [MirageOS-devel] Mirage unikernels and network setup

Hi Armaël,

Happy New Year!

I’ve no doubt others can answer better than me — it’s a long time since I did
anything with Mirage on Xen, but it might be useful to include the .xl file
you’re using to start it?

Also have you tried from a Linux domU rather than dom0? (ISTR sometimes routing
being a bit weird from dom0. But as I said, it’s been a while…) Or even just
waiting a while (several minutes) for ARP to sort itself out?

Thanks!

> On 2 Jan 2019, at 14:51, Armael <armael@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm trying to run the "network" unikernel (from mirage-skeleton [1]) on
> my server, which uses Xen. I'm able to run linux VMs on this server, and
> the network setup seems to be working for them (my main VM is running,
> and I also created a fresh debian VM just to test that).
> However it doesn't seem to be working for mirage unikernels...
>
> The unikernel starts, but just trying to ping it or connect to it (from
> the dom0) fails.
>
> I've attached the console log from the unikernel, the tcpdump log, and
> the log from the host.
>
> Interestingly, if I try to ping the unikernel, it seems to receive the
> ping packet, but doesn't reply.
>
> Would anyone have a clue?
>
> Cheers, and happy new year,
> Armaël