Re: [MirageOS-devel] Mirage unikernels and network setup

> + do you need to explicitly add the veth for the unikernel to the br0 bridge?

No, I believe Xen does it automatically for me when I do "xl create",
using one of the vif-* scripts. I don't know which one actually, is
there a way of asking Xen to print which script it is using?

> + what’s the rest of the output of `ip a` in dom0 — specifically, is there a
> veth device with the MAC address you expect listed? what ip4 address has that
> been assigned?

I attached the log (with a xl list to see the mapping vm<->id). The vif
interfaces do not seem to display any useful information in "ip a"; I'm
not sure if that's normal or not. Also, I don't know why, but the
unikernel seems to have two interfaces attached to it....

> + is the output of `brctl show` in dom0 useful?
> (http://www.microhowto.info/troubleshooting/troubleshooting_ethernet_bridging_on_linux.html)

aHA. The vif* interfaces are correctly connected to the bridge, but
"brctl showstp br0" shows that vif3.0 and vif3.1 are in "state
disabled". (while vif 1.0 and vif2.0 are in forwarding state)