Re: [Publicity] Blog Czar update, week of June 10

On 11/06/13 18:22, Dario Faggioli wrote:
Hello everyone,

This is the blog status update for this week (the one starting on
Monday, June 10th).

Last posts have been:
  - Lars announcing changes to the Xen-project websites, due to the LF
    move (June 7)
  - Ian talking about how to properly submit bugs to xen-devel (June 4)

Thanks a lot to Lars and Ian for your contribution!

For this week, we have to options:
  * KB announcing a release of the xen-on-centos project (I think?)
  * an interview to the Xen package maintainer for the Mageia Linux
    distro (draft available here:
    http://blog.xen.org/?p=6686&preview=true, comments welcome)

KB, are we having the release and the blog post? If yes, can you put up
a draft? If no, no big deal, just tell us, so that we can properly
schedule  the other post (the interview). I was thinking about
publishing on Thursday, around midday BST.

Regarding the future, I have the following people in the pipeline
already:
  + Wei Liu (next week)
  + Ian Jackson
  + Stefano Stabellini

At some point I wanted to make a blog post re-setting expectations for 4.3. I made the mistake of asking software engineers when they thought something would be done, and then believing them, so there are an awful lot of things in the January blog post promised for 4.3 that are not going to make it.

Should we do that before the release? Or just wait for the release and have a brief mention of my mistake?

In the future I think I'm going to have to be a lot less optimistic about estimates I get from engineers. :-)

 -George