Re: [Publicity] Blog Czar update, week of June 10

On mar, 2013-06-11 at 18:27 +0100, Wei Liu wrote:
> > Regarding the future, I have the following people in the pipeline
> > already:
> >  + Wei Liu (next week)
> >  + Ian Jackson
> >  + Stefano Stabellini
> >
> > So, guys, do you already have an idea of what you'll write about? Wei,
> > perhaps something about the performance investigation/improvement you're
> > working on, as a result of the discussion we had in Dublin? Let us know.
> >

> I need to think about it. Would a post about Xen network plan
> appropariate?

I don't know... I wouldn't call it "inappropriate", that's for sure.
Anyway, feel free to propose something different and write a post about
it. :-D

> People can find most information on the wiki and mailing
> list.

Well, that is true for almost everything we do... The whole point of the
blog is not (only) to talk about new and never said stuff, but (also) to
put the stuff we have in other formats more easily accessible to a wider
and broader audience. :-)

> Do you think advertising something that has not existed yet the
> right thing to do? I don't want to give people wrong expectation as many
> things are still pretty vague...

Well, my first post on the blog about NUMA scheduling etc., contained
the plan, the long term objective and the first cut of experimental data
I collected out of a preliminary implementation. The final
implementation ended up being quit a bit different from that (and hence
I had to blog about it again :-D). That does not makes it right, or
means it has to be like that, just saying it happened before.

Anyway, as saying above, it would be nice to have something, if not on
this, on something else. I still haven't understood if we're getting a
blog post from CentOS people (ping)... If yes, your (Wei) post will be
delayed, if not, we'd need it by the end of the week. Tell me if you
think it's feasible.

Thanks and Regards,
Dario