Re: [Publicity] [MirageOS-devel] Scheduling some posts for openmirage.org

On mer, 2013-12-11 at 10:21 +0000, Lars Kurth wrote:
> Adding publicity

Thanks! ;-P

>         On Mon, Dec 9, 2013 at 5:31 PM, Amir Chaudhry
>         <amirmc@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>                 Hi folks,
>
>                 Great work today!  Now that Mirage 1.0 is out, we need
>                 to put together a bunch of posts to describe the
>                 system and help people (and each-other) get to grips
>                 with it.
>
>                 This will effectively form some of the documentation
>                 so it's more than just blog posts and wiki pages --
>                 getting this content in written form is important and
>                 we can come back to each one to properly
>                 cross-reference. :)
>
>                 I've made a new issue on the mirage repo [1] with some
>                 ideas for posts Anil/Dave think are needed and also
>                 some people who could write them.  If you're ok with
>                 the list please say so on the issue's comments.  The
>                 idea is that once we've agreed on *what* posts we
>                 need, we'll create a *separate* issue for each post,
>                 where we can discuss what the contents need to
>                 include.
>
>                 I'd also like us to agree on a schedule of posts so
>                 that this doesn't slip and we can (1) keep the cadence
>                 up while (2) spreading the work.
>
>                 [1] https://github.com/mirage/mirage/issues/128

Wow... Lots of materials here!

Just for clarity, these are intended for the Mirage blog, right? Or is
it the Xen-Project blog that you're targeting (also)?

If the former, well, personally, I think it would be great to have most
(if not all) of them in Xen's blog too. As Lars said, we often publish
stuff sort of multiple time to amplify the effect. However, if we're
worried that would mean too much information duplication, perhaps
someone could write a summary, for instance, of the various posts in the
'Homepage' category for the Xen's blog?

What I'm sure is that, from just looking at the titles, we _badly_ want
something about "Deployment on Amazon" on the Xen-Project blog! :-)

The same applies, without even the need to say it, to pretty much
everything in the "Xen and the art of /motorcycle/ VM Maintenence"
category (especially the first 3 topics) and in the "Lwt" category.
Whether a summary or just the post as they are/will be, it depends on
the posts themselves...

Anyway, that is all very cool, so, please, keep the Xen-Project blog in
mind when doing this and let us know (via this
publicity@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ML) if there is any help you need in that
regard.

Thanks and Regards,
Dario