Re: [Publicity] Blog update, week of Jan 13, 2014

On 20/01/2014 18:00, Sarah Conway wrote:
Given media focus on security, privacy and NSA, I also think many of these would make timely blog and/or contributed articles.

Thanks,

Hhm. I am wondering whether we should tutorialize/"blogize" George's security presentation (aka http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=)KQSOk9pWmKo & http://events.linuxfoundation.org/sites/events/files/slides/XenSecurity-CloudOpen2013-1.pdf http://events.linuxfoundation.org/sites/events/files/slides/XenSecurity-CloudOpen2013-1.pdf). Maybe one for Russell, if he has spare cycles.

An alternative / addition would be an interview with http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joanna_Rutkowska on security, Qubes, Qubes-Xen... - this may be one best driven by Sarah. We can do an intro. There may also be a privacy angle with TorVM.

NSA is a little bit of a sensitive issues, as the NSA maintains all advanced security components/features in Xen and wrote most code for it. In a nutshell the debate here is the same as for SELinux : aka we trust those NSA committers and everything they submit is being scrutinized by peer review.

Regards
Lars