Re: [Publicity] My 1st OSCON submission for this year : "War Stories : Squaring the Circle between Business and Community"

  • To: publicity@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Lars Kurth <lars.kurth@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2014 15:32:31 +0000
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 28 Jan 2014 15:32:36 +0000

On 28/01/2014 15:05, George Dunlap wrote:
It sounds to me like a pretty cool talk. But I wonder if maybe your second paragraph is a bit vague. I have an idea what kinds of stories you might tell, and why the underlying issues and lessons will be interesting and important; but someone else reading it might not. I think I would explicitly state that they're stories about times when business and community conflicted, some of which resolved well, some of which ended up as disasters. (Unless they were all disasters, in which case just say that.) :-)
You are right: I was wondering myself how to cover this better. I don't think they are all disasters. But I like your go at at.

I didn't want to list concrete examples, as this would restrict me in designing the talk too much.

Lars