Re: [Publicity] 4.4 Release announcement

Hi George et all,

The release is targeted at press covering enterprise technologies and trends like security, cloud, mobile, big data, infrastructure, app dev. These could be business-level IT managers and decision-makers making IT purchases to a range of IT professionals -- sysadmins, datacenter managers, devops professionals, IT architects, etc. -- solving IT problems. The publications range from targeting end users to SIs, consultants, etc.

As a next step, I'll reconocile the many edits that have circulated this week to create an updated draft. I agree that it's highly technical still. Ideally the release should be about 2 pages long maximum. I'll revise the ARM section accordingly based on your feedback and remove some additional technical features in the bullet section. Happy to discuss this live via the phone too. I've had some guidance on the top 2-3 biggest new features, but since there are still so many technical details, perhaps a chat would be useful.

A product release should include the first, best, only features, the pain point the new features will solve, who will -- or already is -- benefiting from the newest features (quote from user). We are also using the product release to demonstrate Xen Project community activity and momentum.

Does this help? I'll also put together a timeline of next steps and what still needs to happen prior to the PR launch/release date.

Thanks,