Re: Xen 4.16 release plans

Thanks Roger, I'll move this into a Google Doc and share it with you and Jason.

As for outreach on quotes, we don't maintain a list of contacts, but also just to set expectations correctly, this sort of outreach would be beyond the scope of Ashley and myself. Typically these quotes would come from either users or core developers, and the project will almost always have better connections with those folks than us.

One option for future releases would be to email the Xen advisory board directly and ask if any members want to participate, although I'd give that a good 2-3 weeks lead time to account for internal quote approvals.

Best,
Brian

On Mon, Nov 29, 2021 at 10:57 AM Roger Pau Monné <roger.pau@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Mon, Nov 29, 2021 at 10:40:14AM -0500, Brian Warner wrote:
> Hi Ian,
>
> Removing Namhai and adding Jason, who manages the linux.com publishing
> calendar.
>
> We can get a blog post up on linux.com if you can send over the copy.
> Roger, is that something that you would have?

Hello,

I've been drafting something together with the community, my last
draft is at:

https://lists.xenproject.org/archives/html/publicity/2021-11/msg00010.html

I was expecting the LF to go over it and provide some feedback from
the marketing angle, as I'm a developer myself without any expertise
in writing this kind of pieces.

I was also expecting the LF to have some contacts from companies that
would like to provide "Community Quotes", as so far I only have a
quote from Vates.

Thanks, Roger.

--

Brian Warner