Re: [Wg-test-framework] Notes from Dec 10 meeting with AllNet

> On Dec 15, 2014, at 5:40 AM, Ian Jackson <Ian.Jackson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Paul L. George(Office) writes ("RE: [Wg-test-framework] Notes from Dec 10
> meeting with AllNet"):
>> I have been in contact with the COMPTROL Linux Engineer and he gave me is
>> personal contact information.  We seemed to have figured out the wiring
>> problems at the adaptor.  Don has gotten the main servers to talk to each
>> other.  I have to make another adaptor so we can cross connect both servers.
>> We are working on getting 2 test servers ready to talk to the Comtrol serial
>> mux.
>
> You're _making_ an adaptor ?  What kind of adaptor exactly ?

RJ-45 male to RS-232 female adaptor.  The comptrol 32 port serial patch panel
had been wired for basic RS-232. The Cat5e straight thru cable  has to be
converted to a RS-232 null modem DB9 female.  I ordered a bunch of adapters but
they were wired wrong.  Chris and DonK figured out what the wiring had to be
and we rewired the adapters and tested them.  Unfortunately it killed enough
time to screw up the installation this weekend.  My plan is to get the main
servers and PDU's installed tonight.