[Wg-test-framework] Status update

  • To: <wg-test-framework@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Paul L. George\(Office\)" <pgeorge@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2014 00:52:15 -0500
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 24 Dec 2014 05:53:17 +0000

We have yet to resolve the SERIAL 0 to Console issue with the FX-6300 AMD Server board.  We opened an ticket with MSI.  I have not gotten the ticket number yet but I did call into tech support and left a message to call me back as per their protocol.

Based on Ian’s suggestion to swap disks with gatehead and newcastle to see if the Comtrol problems moves with the software is a great idea..  That will narrow down the problem to software not hardware. I will test that theory this week.

I have contact information for both COMTROL  and MSI.

Motherboard:  MSI 970A-646

MSI support 1-626-271-1004 press 1

Jose x143

http://us.msi.com/about/contact-us-all

Comtrol Linux Tech

Nick.Thompson@xxxxxxxxxxx

Nick’s number is 763-957-6138

The open orders on servers are being tracked and the Dell computers Item 3,5 replacements have been ordered.

Item 7 Dell R340 is upgraded to Dell R420, no change in price to the Linux Foundation it has been ordered.

Item 7 is a Supermicro AMD server.  Supermicro is having problems finding the AMD chip.  AMD has EOL’ed the Chip so we are trying to find it retail.

After conversation with Ian we are going to change the VLAN allocation when we realign the servers and add more test servers to the COLO Rack.

Paul L. George

President

hatecompPLG Enterprises, Inc.

All-Net Computer Solutions