[Wg-test-framework] Project Update part 2 part 1 was submitted over the holidays.

Guys,

We are getting to the point where we are going to be done with the hardware setup.  Chris has configured the switches and the PDU’s.  We cannot get the VLANS to talk to each other the way Ian wants without some routing on the main servers.

My questions to both MSI and Comtrol have gone unanswered, I suspect they are trying to catch up on the holiday issues.  I will check back in with them next week.

Newcastle’s Internal LAN  is plugged in to the test portion VLAN along with all the test servers we have installed so far.

Gateshead’s internal LAN is plugged into the infrastructure VLAN, Chris did this so we can see the PDU’s it is temporary until we figure out the interVLAN communications.

 Chris configured the PDU’s and the switches according to Ian’s plumbing diagram.  With a level 2 switch you cannot do inter LAN routing.  On the HP switch TAGGED PORTS are not visible from both VLANS. This is the way IAN envisioned them working.  I can get a different switch but I would need to know exactly what switch he wanted that had the correct capabilities

 We should have 22 servers connected to the LAN connections and the serial connections by the beginning of next week.  We have 18 connected currently.

 I expect the most missing servers to be here next week, at that point we will be done except for the ARM Crate that Ian has to ship to us..

 We received 4 more servers today, item 7 [elbling 0 ,1] and item 9 [pinot 0, 1]

Don, did you figure out what we had to do with software to fix the Comtrol issues.  I did not swap the cables because I did not want to take the chance to screwing up the only Comtrol components that were working.

 The DHCP LAN on the TEST VLAN has to be setup.

We will be installing the 4 new servers next week after they have been tested and the bios configured.  We will start bench testing them Friday 1/9/15 we should be done by Monday 1/12/15.

Neither Chris nor I will not be available from 1/9 – 1/11.  George is doing the new server bench testing this weekend.

Paul