Re: [Wg-test-framework] Notes from Xen Project/AllNet call Mar 4th

Don Koch writes ("Re: [Wg-test-framework] Notes from Xen Project/AllNet call
Mar 4th"):
> Here it is:
> + indicates working machines released to Ian for use.

Thanks for the helpful table.

>             net   serial  serialBios  todo/notes
> +merlot0     x      x        x
> +merlot1     x      x        x
> +baroque0    x      x        x
> +baroque1    x      x        x
> +chardonnay0 x      x        x
> +chardonnay1 x      x        x
> +italia1     x      x        x
> +oseleta1    x      x        x

I can confirm these are working.

I went through the BIOS and in some cases I found that "turn on after
AC power loss" was set to "last state" rather than "on".  I fixed
those.

> +nocera1     x      x        x
> +italia0     x      x        x

Those two seem to not be configured to always turn on after AC power
loss.  The symptoms are that the machine seemed to be working and in
the OS install you and George had provided.  I could hit "return" at
the login prompt and get a new prompt.  But when I power cycled each
one, it stopped responding and never came back.

I think this needs to be fixed by visiting the colo.

For italia0, the setting is called `Resume on AC Power Loss: Reset',
going by italia1's BIOS.

(Update: I spoke to Don on IRC and he says there is a problem with the
serial adapter on nocera1.)

> +fiano0      x      x        x
> +fiano1      x      x        x

For these I can't seem to access the BIOS over the serial port.  I
_do_ see a message from the PXE ROM, so there is some serial access
during boot, but no BIOS configuration.

It's possible that rather than the BIOS serial access being turned
off, the "display message" and "allow escape into BIOS by pressing
key" are turned off, or I'm not sending the right escape key.

I think someone needs to visit the colo to check on the settings.

It would be wise to check the action on AC power loss / restore.

> +elbling0    x      x        x
> +pinot0      x      x        x
> +godello0    x      x        x        fed20 - 64-bit only OS
> +godello1    x      x        x        fed20 - 64-bit only OS

I am still investigating these.