Re: [Wg-test-framework] Minutes: Xen Project - Allnet sync ... April 1st 2014

On Wed, 1 Apr 2015 13:34:14 -0400
Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk <konrad.wilk@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 01, 2015 at 05:04:33PM +0100, Ian Jackson wrote:
> > Lars Kurth writes ("[Wg-test-framework] Minutes: Xen Project - Allnet sync
> > ... April 1st 2014"):
> > > == huxelrebe[01] remote BIOS access ==
> > > Don: reconfigured the machine with the issues; could not resolve
> > > Don: contacted supplier
> > > Ian: has not touched huxelrebe at all
> > >
> > > ACTION Paul: will chase
> > > ACTION Ian: verify whether huxelrebe0 actually works with AMT set-up
> > >
> > > * If huxelrebe0 can't be used with AMT, we may need a different approach
> > > entirely *
> >
> > I have looked at the AMT web pages using the details provided by Don
> > and they do not include the BIOS configuration.  In particular,
> > missing are:
> >    * Options for enabling/disabling virtualisation, VT-D, etc.
> >    * Options for enabling/disabling network boot
> >    * More generally, boot order
> >    * AC Power loss/restore action
> >    * etc.
>
> Right, that is what you use the VNC (via AMT) to see the VGA bootup
> screen during boot and enter it.
>
> But to use VNC (vncviewer) you need to configure AMT for an password
> and such (which is different from the AMT password).

Well, it seems to depend on which way it's configured. It looks like VNC
with AMT enabled uses one port, without AMT uses the standard VNC port
(5900). I note that the former seems to exist, but the connection times out
(maybe disabled when not in the BIOS? - same with amtterm) and the latter
doesn't exist. This seems to offer a small window to get in when rebooting.
Rather clumsy to use, if you ask me.

I'm going to try connecting while doing a reboot.

-d