From: Ian Jackson [mailto:Ian.Jackson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, April 20, 2015 6:40 AM
To: Don Koch
Cc: Ian Campbell; Don Koch; Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk;
wg-test-framework@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; Paul L. George
Subject: Re: [Wg-test-framework] Lenovo issue

Don Koch writes ("Re: [Wg-test-framework] Lenovo issue"):
> I think I have part of huxelrebe1's AMT issue sorted out.

Thanks for the update.

Unfortunately, you changed the dhcp server's `domain-name' option, with
global effect.  This broke all the tests.  See my other message.

> As for DHCP service to these two, I assume we want to use the regular
> dhcp server on infra, yes? Preferred IP addresses and names?

You may recall that on the phone I suggested you just let them obtain an
address automatically and use the dhcp server logs to find out what it is.
So I think there was no need to make any DHCP server or hosts file changes.

The DNS and DHCP server configuration is now managed by my provisioning
makefile in the ansible playbook repo and I would prefer not to add
additional ad-hoc entries.

I trust that when I provision the AMT interfaces in the DNS and DHCP server
(changing the IP address offered by DHCP) AMT will pick up the new address ?

> Right now, I have the AMT hostname on hux1 set to huxelrebe1a. It
> doesn't like much longer names. I suspect a 12 character limit as I
> had tried huxelrebe1amt and it complained when I tried to exit that
> screen. Infra's dhcp server is handing it 172.16.144.250 per infra's hosts
file.

Maybe I have misunderstood.  I don't know why AMT's idea of its own hostname
is relevant.

Perhaps we should chat on IRC because it seems evident that I don't
understand what's going on with AMT.

Thanks,