[Wg-test-framework] AllNet - Xen Project call on 22-April 2015

= Attendees =

Ian Jackson

Lars Kurth

Don Koch

Paul George

= Machines that still have BIOS/HW issues =

== HuxelrebeX ==

Don: has answered all questions in email re both servers

Ian: will take double check BIOS settings of HuxelrebeX now and will check settings

ACTION: Don will write up a AMT HowTo as to how to configure AMT, as this is not straightforward and put it into our git repo. With the exception of passwords

ACTION: Ian will have a look at AMT settings and will sync with Don, if anything looks odd

Ian will set up DHCP and DNS server settings

*Looks like we will be able to put these into service soon, assuming that commissioning flights are successful*

= OsoletaX =

Ian: OsoletaX passed preliminary tests. Full on tests should be finished soon

Ian: Makes the point that we have only seen the motherboard HW issues during full tests.

*Again, so far everything is looking good. Ian will email the group, if a bug surfaces or whether we can take into production.*

= RimavaX =

Paul: planning to add power supplies, run best bench (including serial console), then will add machines into the rack

Paul: hopes this is done by the end of the week

ACTION: Paul to hand over to Ian after bench testing

= AOB =

== Intel C600 storage controller bug (ChardonnayX) ==

We know now that this a bug caused by a specific kernel config combination

The issue is that there is no agreement yet that there is a bug and how to fix it

Bisecting so many options is an issue and too time consuming

ACTION: Lars bring up at Intel @ Hackathon to see whether we can find a contact (as Intel C600 storage controller maintainers did not yet respond).

We contacted

* Intel SCU Linux support <intel-linux-scu@xxxxxxxxx>

* Lukasz Dorau <lukasz.dorau@xxxxxxxxx>

* Maciej Patelczyk <maciej.patelczyk@xxxxxxxxx>

* Dave Jiang <dave.jiang@xxxxxxxxx>

* linux-scsi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

== 4 machines affected by TG3 bug (ElbowingX & MerlotX) ==

Looks like these will be fixed.

Bug in the kernel management config system: Konrad submitted patch upstream

Looks like there is a work-around in the kernel config

Ian: does not have commissioning test results yet

== Other ==

Other issues are under control. Still waiting for MS.