Re: [Wg-test-framework] FW: Xen Foundation: APM EVK Hardware

On Tue, 2015-05-12 at 18:00 +0100, Ian Jackson wrote:
> Lars Kurth writes ("[Wg-test-framework] FW: Xen Foundation: APM EVK
> Hardware"):
> > FYI: my understanding that APM would like to donate the kit (two
> > X-C1 EVK kits) to run in the Xen Project's Test Infrastructure
> >
> > From: Ed Gasiorowski <egasiorowski@xxxxxxx>
> > Date: Thursday, 7 May 2015 18:06
> > To: Lars Kurth <lars.kurth@xxxxxxxxxx>
> > Subject: Xen Foundation: APM EVK Hardware
> >

> > Lars,
> >
> > APM would like to donate two X-C1 EVK kits (total value $5,200) to the Xen
> > Foundation for continued development/support of XEN for ARM64.
>
> This is certainly interesting.
>
> AFAICT from a quick web search these are production-ready CPUs on
> production-quality dev boards.
>
> I think we have enough space in the rack for these, even before our
> plan to grow to a second rack.
>
> I'd like to hear Ian Campbell's opinion.

We have a few of these locally too and they are fine systems and
certainly production systems. I think they are also being used e.g. as
Debian buildd machines and I think in similar roles for other distros
too.

There is a reasonable amount of osstest development needed to actually
support arm64 (mostly not arising from arm64 itself but from peripheral
stuff mostly related to the newness of the architecture), clearly that
needs to happen in any case regardless of which arm64 h/w we have and
I'm happy to take on that work.

FWIW I think we should take APM up on this offer.