[Wg-test-framework] Minutes / Kick-Off Xen Project - Credativ DE (Nov 11, 2015)

Hi everyone,

Just a quick note that we had a kick-off meeting. I wrote the minutes as far as I understood them. ACTION's are marked using ACTION(name): â

If anything is wrong, then do let me know. If you want to add extra things, do let me know

Regards

Lars

== Attendees ==

Martin Zobel-Helas

Felix Geyer

Kevin Nowara

Michael Sprengel

Ian Jackson

Lars Kurth

= Agenda =

Agree follow-up call for next week to discuss technical details (next Thursday 15:00 - 16:00 UTC)

Should do phone call with OSCAR tomorrow, FELIX will be on the call. Thursday 15:00 - 16:00 UTC (use the same dial-in, if possible)

== Physical access to COLO (Lars)

* Need list of people from Creative (+ID details, passwords, ...) to arrange access to Marlborough COLO

** Access SLA is 24h, but datacenter is normally faster than that

** Sent document template for COLO access to Oscar Herrera

** ACTION (Martin): to chase Oscar Herrera

== Remote Login to machines and VMs ==

* ACTION: Martin to send ...

** Send a mail with all the PGP public keys

** Plus, who keys belong to, etc.

** Ian: Could do Ansible for access, also have no objection re puppet, but have no experience with it

** ACTION (Ian): share COLO details in Marlborough with Martin and set up access for Rackspace VM panels

* Ian: Do not have a shared password system (about 10 different passwords)

** ACTION (Martin, Felix): decide what the best way forward is (e.g. can were use Credativ's system)

Ian Jackson Overview

* Two completely separate areas

** Web services (git, wiki, mailing lists, blog) ... runs on Rackspace VMs

** Test Lab is hosted on Rack in Marlaborough data centre

== Communication (Agreed) ==

* Regular calls at the beginning : twice a month - for status update and open questions - one call for everyone. May not need calls that frequently. Can keep calls in calendar and cancel as needed.

* For official things use RC tickets for SLAs and time tracking

* Use IRC (aka #xendevel on freenode) for quick unofficial questions, etc.

** Could also define #xeninfra

* For minutes: use test wg mailing list (can sign up Credativ staff to it)

** ACTION(Martin): get back to Lars with Contacts

== Workflow ==

For tickets and communication, Credativ uses RequestChecker (RC) for all customers

* ACTION: Share ticketing system info with Lars and Ian

For pro-active work: use the same approach and use

* ACTION (Lars, Ian): provide list of people (emails) who can raise tickets against credativ

Martin: does some sort of Admin VM exist for the COLO?

Ian: There is a management VM in the COLO for DNS, etc (not sure I understood this correctly)

Ian: We do have the capability to create new VMs in Rackspace

Ian: Have a few "empty" VMs which could be re-purposed or retired

= Starting Tasks =

Agreement: set channels first, then stuff via tickets. But come up with a rough list for planning ...

Agreement: agree on a priority list on next call

== Issues we know ==

* Lacking back-ups and monitoring for Debian machines in COLO and on Backspace VMs

* Not clear what VMs are up-to-date with regards to latest security patches

* Some HW issues with COLO

** ACTION(Ian) to re-send list once ticketing system is in place and provide pointers to all necessary information

** 3-4 ARM boards which lost SATA disks

** 4 x86 test boxes which have something wrong with them

* Lower priority items:

** Sysadmin management for Rackspace VMs