[Wg-test-framework] Xen Project test colo introduction

Ian Jackson writes ("Re: Support Information for the Xen project"):
> I will send a series of emails to create tickets for the outstanding
> problems.

I have now done this, I think.

Many of these emails are a bit sparse and I'm sure you'll have lots of
questions.

For now, though, I think it would be useful to give some background
information on our test colo setup.

We are renting one cabinet in Earthlink's data centre in Marlborough,
MA.  In that cabinet we have:
  - an external switch
  - two main servers each of which has an external internet
     connection as well as an internal one; these are VM hosts
  - an internal 48-port switch
  - two APC network-controlled PDUs
  - a custom ARM crate containing 8 test nodes
  - comtrol serial concventrator equipment
  - 24 test node x86 servers

We have been keeping information about the colo in git:
  http://xenbits.xen.org/gitweb/?p=people/iwj/colo-for-testing.git;a=summary

The most interesting files there are:

  plumbing.txt   - high-level description of the layout (may not
                    be 100% up to date)

  COLO Cabinet Layout.xlsx  - spreadsheet with physical layout details

  selections.ods   - x86 hardware list summary

When we have exchanged access control details I'll get you write
access to that repo but for now you can clone it via the readonly
interface.

Regards,