Re: [Wg-test-framework] [OSSC #77732] rimava1 mysterious pdu problem

Yogesh Patel via RT writes ("[OSSC #77732] rimava1 mysterious pdu problem"):
> PDU2 Port 13 is off according to the light on the port itself (pic attached).
>  However, as you've already noted, the machine is still on.

How exciting.

> There seems to be an issue with the PDU.  For now I have moved rimva1 onto
> PDU2 Port 17.  Please try to power cycle that and see if it works.  Based of
> the results there we can determine if PDU2 port 13 is a bad port or if its
> larger problem related to PDU2 itself (may need a firmware update).

Thanks.  Port 17 works fine.  And AFAIAA none of the other machines on
pdu2 are having trouble.  I think we'll have to declare pdu2 port 13
dead.  Let's leave rimava1 on port 17.  I have updated the records
(both in the spreadsheet in the git repo and in osstest's operational
database) and will put the machine back into service.

According to my records, our one year hardware warranty from All-Net
ends no earlier than the 24th of June, in 7 days' time.

We have to decide whether to try to pursue the dead port with the
upstream supplier, via All-Net.  Anyone on wg-test-framework have an
opinion ?

Replacing the pdu would involve some disruption of course...

> I can debug this a bit more if you'd like.  Just need remote access to the
> PDU.

For reference, you can connect to pdus from machines on the infra
vlan, with telnet.  Log in as apc/apc (that's the default password).

Be careful: newcastle and gateshead (and, without checking my records,
IIRC the switches, too) are on these pdus.  Don't kill everything and
incidentally saw off the branch you're standing on :-).

Thanks,